Waiting on Wednesday (221)


Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by Breaking the Spine, and it is a way to show off the books you can't wait to be released!!

This week I chose:

"Strands of Bronze and Gold"

by Jane Nickerson
Alfred A. Knopf
Release Date: March 12, 2013

The following description is from goodreads.com:

A sweeping Gothic thriller based on the spine-chilling "Bluebeard" fairytale.

17-year-old Sophia Petheram has been sheltered by her doting family all her life, until the day her father dies. It's 1855, and with no money and few options, she goes to live with her guardian, the mysterious Bernard de Cressac, at the astonishingly lavish Wyndriven Abbey in Mississippi.

Sophie has always longed for a comfortable life, and she finds herself both attracted to and shocked by the charm and easy manners of her overgenerous guardian. But as she begins to piece together the mystery of his past, it's as if thread by thread, a silken net is woven around her. And when she begins glimpsing the ghosts of his former wives (all with hair as red as her own) in the forgotten corners and dark hallways of the Abbey, Sophie knows she's in de Cressac's trap.

With enchanting romance, chilling suspense, and dashes of the supernatural, Strands of Bronze and Gold is a compulsively-readable debut.
I love reading different retellings of fairy tales and re-boot of Bluebeard sounds especially dark and spooky! We'll be waiting a while for this one though!

What are you waiting for this week???

21 comments

  1. I have not gotten into the YA genre yet, but I have to say that this book sounds amazing! I love spooky, gothic tales. Thanks for sharing it...adding to my wish list!

    Diana
    My WoW Post

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds very intriguing! I am going to have to add this to my TBR list! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fairy tale re-tellings are just the thing!
    :D This one sounds sounds pretty great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have this one from NetGalley and I'm super stoked! I love the cover and I love historical fiction/fantasy and PIRATES.

    Tara @ Hobbitsies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven't heard of this one before. Thanks for sharing, it sounds very intriguing! :D

    Pam @ jellylovesbooks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the cover, Hope you get to read it soon! Feel free to check out my WoW here

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ike retellings, too. I'm going to have to check this one out a bit more.
    Here's My WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds fabulous! "With enchanting romance, chilling suspense, and dashes of the supernatural" - how can anyone say no to that? ;)

    Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh...this sounds really good! It's new to me. I'm adding it to my TBR list. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds really good. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOh yes! This one definitely sounds intriguing!! Might have to add that to my 2013 list!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a brand new title for me. Thanks for sharing the book with us.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one looks great! Can't wait to read it! Great pick!!!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks awesome! I miss gothic novels!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This book looks wonderful! Adore the cover and who doesn't love a retold legend. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover for this is just gorgeous - thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, a gothic thriller--sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ooo. Gothic, chilling, thriller? This sounds like it's right up my alley! I hadn't heard of it, so thanks for the heads up, Carrie. :)

    Wendy @ The Midnight Garden

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!