"The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels" Review

"The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels"
by Ree Drummond
 
Publisher: William Morrow
Release Date: Feb 14, 2012 (paperback)

Source: sent by publisher

My Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  




Fans of Drummond's blog and cookbook will eat up this breathless blow-by-blow chronicle of falling in love with Marlboro Man, a.k.a. her husband, and adapting to life on his ranch . . . Generous dollops of self-deprecating humor contribute a welcome tang."--"People."
My Review:

My grandmother warned me not to read this one, and let that be a lesson to always listen to your grandma!

This book was just not something I'm interested in reading at all. I thought it was going to be a romance book based on the author's own true story. But instead of a romance-style story, the writing is entirely stream of consciousness, there is no plot or structure whatsoever.


There is too much brand name dropping and description of clothing, and what exactly are spiked boots, does anyone know? The whole feel and tone of the book is just very shallow.


Main Characters: 1/5
Supporting Characters: 2/5

Setting: 2/5

Romance: 1/5

Uniqueness: 1/5
Cover: 5/5
Writing: 2/5



Bottom Line: Overall, not something I can recommend to fellow readers.
 

No comments

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!