"Demons at Deadnight" Review

"Demons at Deadnight"
by A & E Kirk

Publisher: CreateSpace
Release Date: Jan 7, 2012 (paperback)
Source: sent by authors

My Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Summary from goodreads.com:  



For seventeen-year-old Aurora Lahey, survival is a lifestyle.

DEMONIC DESTINY
Aurora has the crappiest superpower on the planet. And it’s just unleashed a hit squad from hell. Demons are on the hunt, salivating to carve her carcass into confetti.

CHARISMATIC KILLERS
The Hex Boys—mysterious, hunky, and notorious for their trails of destruction—have the answers Aurora needs to survive. But their overload of deadly secrets and suspicious motives makes trusting them a potentially fatal move.

LETHAL ALLIES
The battle to save her family, herself, and stop demonic domination may cost Aurora everything worth living for, and force her to reveal her own dark secrets. But no worries. She needs the Hex Boys to pull this off, and, chances are, teaming up with these guys will get her killed anyway.
My Review:

The best part about "Demons at Deadnight" is definitely all of the awesome characters and their funny, witty dialogue. Aurora is a great lead, and all of the Hex Boys are well thought out, well rounded characters, too.

The action was very fast paced, there is never a dull moment in this book. It really reminded me of the adult paranormal romances and urban fantasy books that I have read as opposed to other YA in the genre. There is so much action and the authors don't shy away from violence, gory beasts, and other grittier aspects of the genre. Sometimes, I felt like Aurora was knocked into unconsciousness one too many times but otherwise the action was great.

The Hex Boys were really fun to read about, even though it was a little overwhelming to keep them all straight at first. I think Ayden is my favorite, or maybe Tristan, then there's Logan so I'm not totally sure.... I was glad that Aurora had picked out Ayden as her favorite from the start, so there was no love triangle or anything like that. Although Aurora did seem a little boy crazy at times. I might have liked it better if her gushing about the boys' hotness was more restricted to Ayden only instead of every boy she met.


Main Characters: 5/5
Supporting Characters: 5/5

Setting: 4/5

Romance: 4/5

Uniqueness: 4/5
Cover: 4/5
Writing: 4/5



Bottom Line: Get ready for a no holds barred adventure with Aurora and her cute friends, the Hex Boys.


The secret phrase is: 

AURORA!!

10 comments

  1. Wohoo no love triangle *breathes sigh of relief*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started to see reviews for this one and it does sound pretty good. I love the idea of the Hex Boy, sorry I can't resist a bunch of hot guys lol.

    I'm glad you ended up liking this one and I think I need to learn all about the Hex Boys and plus I love witty conversations between characters!

    Thanks for the great review

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds really good, and fun.
    :D
    I had never heard of this book before but its very interesting. D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review.I'm looking forward to reading this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooooo one day I will get to finish this. It's so fun! Booooo for not having any reading time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many people love this one! I'm going to make time this weekend to read it!! Great review!

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad there is no love triangle. I think it is funny that she is a bit boy crazy though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've read on several blogs so many positive reviews. I definitely want to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not exactly a fan of that cover, but I must admit - I'm impressed by your review on it. I might just check this one out. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to read the book, I love great characters in a book so I'm really loforward to it. Plus there is a whole group of guy hotness, can't go wrong there. Great review =D
    Tristan @ Reads With Wreckless Abandon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for your lovely comments!